"We awoke inside of a prison, at the mid point of the four corners region. Luck would have it that an army of mutants attacked it and unleashed us onto the wastes. We lost a lot of our fellow inmates on the way out, some we grieve, others we are glad to be rid of... as fucked up as that sounds.
The girl who broke us out, 'Emily,' has the same surname as me, we believe ourselves to be related. Neither of us remember a thing about ourselves, something we also share with that tall girl Dominique.
We encountered a Legion Frumentary, friendly guy... for a skirt wearing rapist. He speaks weird but has so far been respectful and kind of helpful, I respect that. We then encountered a group of Desert Rangers, who seem to be eager to help.
Emily reckons that we could have a plant among us... that's the more sane of her theories. I'm starting to think she's checking the walls and rocks around us, making sure that they don't have ears on them but I get her distrust. This situation leaves us open to any number of conspiracies. Traitors could be all around us and we could be very well blind to it.
We leave today for Mesa Verde, home of the Ciphers. Emily has had a tip off from a note, scrawled on her arm. It's the best lead we have, so we're heading back out into the desert to get answers from those mathphiles."
- David Sparrow 10/24/53
There’s a story, out of Boulder Dome, in the Four Corners. A timeworn story, dating back to the Old World. It goes along the lines of there being this learned woman, a scientist you’d probably say. She knew the inevitability of war, of humanity’s inescapable hunger for conflict. So she sealed herself, and some of her fellows, away. Put them all to sleep deep inside the Big Empty where they wouldn’t wake up and no one would disturb them until the world was whole again. That’s not the full story, or really the truth, but it’s a variation of it. We all have a strained relationship with reality anyway. Not that it matters.
See, Boulder Dome isn’t the only thing out there. There’s a shadow falling over the Four Corners, cast by the banner of the Bull. Man by the name of Edward Sallow united the Arizona tribes and took it for his new empire. Took the name Caesar too and made them all his Legion. Now Caesar marches west, into the Four Corners, towards Denver. The Bull will have swallowed up the whole of the east by the time he’s finished and there’s not much anyone can do about it.
That doesn’t matter either. At least to you. You’re down there, in that Prison. You don’t know how you got there. It’s not where you went to sleep the night before. It’s certainly not where you imagined waking up. But there you are, cell number printed on your back, waiting in the dark. Can’t say I envy you, but that doesn’t matter too. Soon the Old World’s going to wake up—and that Prison with it.
Welcome to the Four Corners region. Formed by the bordering areas of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, its home to a vast diversity of people. In the far west there is border of Nevada and Hoover Dam. In the east, there is Arizona, ruled by Caesar from his capital at Flagstaff. In the region’s heart, tribal factions prepare for Caesar’s advance. The Desert Rangers attempt to keep peace and the Legion at bay, but are challenged by two separate factions of the Brotherhood of Steel. This is what you know of the Four Corners. What you don’t know is how you got into a prison cell. When you lay your head down last night, you were either on the road, entering the Four Corners by foot, or in another, entirely different cell for committing a crime. What you do and how you proceed from here will decide the fate of the Four Corners region.
THE GOLDEN RULES:
1. Take the RP seriously, shit posting will get you banned. I don't care how bored you are or how many pets you've lost. Don't hijack the story and change its purpose, you're more than welcome to make your own RP doing that. Anyone who leaves (without a good reason) will not be allowed back in. This is to stop people from taking the RP hostage, by constantly leaving/threatening to leave.
2. You cannot kill (or control) other people's characters, without their consent. Same goes for amputations and maiming. Named NPCs cannot be directly controlled by the players, without the GM's permission, for story purposes. Throughout the story you will have the option to recruit companions. You will be able to control some of these.
3. No character can be the Lone Wanderer, Chosen One, Courier, Vault Dweller, Soul Survivor, Warrior, Recruit from Fallout: BOS or any other established Fallout protagonist. This character can be implied or re-imagined but these slots are already filled in the canon. There are to be no overpowered player characters. Guns and gun wounds work like real life. You cannot survive three bullets to the head. Armored characters, be it metal or skin, obviously have the edge.
4. You can have flashbacks, though unless you have arrangements with another player, you cannot interact with that player's character in your flashback. (You can with NPCs not shown so far in the story, I'll need to know if you plan on your character having a history with a featured NPC from this RP.) You can also write dream sequences: in a dream most rules don't apply but only because it's a dream. It has no bearing reality. Anything that happens in the dream stays in the dream and therefore dreams should only be kept to one or two posts.
5. You must post a character card before posting.
6. You can have as many characters as you want, provided that you can handle it.
7. This RP will begin on 23rd of October of the year 2253. Your character starts equipped with a jumpsuit with their cell number printed on the back and a Lil’ Pip 3000.
The current date is 24th October.
8. You can be from any region in the United States, Mexico or Canada (or elsewhere), so long as the reason is good enough. Though you can be from any region, it is highly advised that you start off with the rest of the characters as you will likely be overlooked if you don't.
9. This RP starts off in the Four Corners, here is a map of the Four Corners region.
10. You can add a link to a music track in your pieces, we signify this with '()'.
11. Hardcore is an option for RPers who want a less safe experience. In Hardcore, some events and situations can kill you, making you akin to a non-essential NPC. These events will carry penalty, even if hardcore is disabled but with hardcore mode selected, every mistake you make could be your last. (You may opt in or out of hardcore as you see fit.)
SPECIAL: S/ , P/ , E/ , C/ , I/ , A/ , L/ (You may place down 40 SPECIAL points)
3 Tag Skills: (If you mark yes for a crime, you can pick a fourth tag skill. However, this will come at the cost of other, unforeseen penalties.)
(Optional) Traits: Traits
(Optional) Reputation: Reputations
Are you a criminal?: Yes / No
If you marked yes, what was your crime (choose one)?: Heresy / Murder / Theft / Enslavement
Backstory (TBA entries will be thrown from Hoover Dam):
The following characters are Tibettan Prisoners, along with their asigned cell number.
Colin Baxter (Deceased)
Nolan West (Deceased)
Alec Moore (Deceased)