"I hereby pledge to serve the mighty Atomguard. I swear to end all those heretics who claim themselves as a false Atom. For we stand strong, for we are the Atomguard!" -The Atomguard alliance speech.The Atomguard are a militarized splinter-group of The Children of Atom, who harbour a bigotry toward mutants and robots, in The London Wasteland, in the year 2291.
On the 18th of June, 2283, Lewis David, a former member of the London parish of The Church of The Children of Atom, created a splinter group, to combat mutants, which he believed to be "Abusing Atom's gift and turning into unholy beasts." Many other members of the church soon joined him.
MORE TO BE ADDED
The main goal of the Atomguard is to eradicate all mutants from the wasteland, which are viewed as "The false Atom." Additionally, they despise most robots, as they believe robots to be "Scrap, which abuses Atom's gift of life."
The Atomguard is a very militaristic faction, and, if you live in a settlement they control, you most likely will be prevented from leaving, similarly to the Children of Atom. They commonly use brainwashing on settlers, and have been known to send spies into Royal Order controlled settlements, and kill ghouls and other mutants. They are usually suicide missions, sometimes even using suicide bombers. The Atomguard has an extensive brainwashed military, and the list of ranks (from lowest to highest) in their army is as follows:
- Cadet (training rank)
- Second Lieutenant
- Major General
- General (leader of Atomguard, only one at a time)
- The Atomguard are very loosely inspired by the faction of the same name from the Atomguard mod for Fallout 4.
- The military ranks of The Atomguard are very similar to those of the real-world Australian Military.
- It is likely that the Atomguard may be vegan, otherwise they would eat food from mutated "Abominations", or merely mutated animals. However, some animals, such as dogs or cats, are radiation-free and could give meat.
- Members of The Atomguard are usually dressed in armor made from mutants they have killed.
- Johnathan Watson states that the Atomguard wield crossbows. He also states that they sometimes puts their enemies' heads on spikes, although he may have meant it figuratively.
- Fallout: A Study In Scarlet (Part 1) (mentioned only)